Around the beginning of December every year we all start thinking about New Year Resolutions. We all set goals to lose 10 pounds, read our Bible everyday, eat more vegetables, climb Mount Kilimanjaro and make $100,000. If you’re one of the lucky ones, you may still be in the midst of one of the more realistic resolutions. Or you’re one of the ones who filled up the gym in January and then left to let the regulars (clears throat ::me::) get their favorite spots back in barre class. I hate resolutions. I feel like resolutions always get tagged “do not complete”, “mission about”, and “HA, not going to happen.” Instead of making resolutions, I make goals of things to accomplish. Sorry, let me be more specific – I set reachable goals to accomplish and then list out steps how to get there. My current steps? Tackling Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook.
Tackling Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook will help reach one of my overarching goals (in life) grow my online visibility.
Social media is about so much more than sharing cat gifs – it’s a place to reach your audience, provide value, and sell.
There are so many tools, strategies, and courses emerging on the scene. I may have five key points but be prepared, they are link heavy . So take a gander and commit to (not resolve to) take action with at least one of these today.
- I’m going to let you in on one of the biggest secrets right now in the world of online businesses, Facebook groups.If you imagine place where you can meet new people, build a community, and find potential clients, that’s what Facebook groups are all about. My favorite business-oriented Facebook groups include Being Boss, Online Business BFFs, Think Creative Collective, and Screw the Nine to Five. These are generic catchall groups for people who run online businesses, freelance, have side hustles, and work hard to be all around awesome people. If you have a different niche – search Facebook for it and join that group (and 2, 3, 4, or 5 others). It’s worth it.
- Speaking of Facebook, ads can work but they are a science. I can’t tell you how many students at my other gig tell me that Facebook led them to our product. Make them work for you. Be aware that there are bad Facebook strategies. Facebook ads offer great assists, but do not always offer the best defense. I have a Facebook Ad Online Entrepreneur crush, Melyssa Griffin. If you’ve ever read one of her income reports, you know she spends ri-donk-u-lous amounts of money on Facebook ads. But she gets 4 to 1 returns.
- Can we not ignore the elephant in the room? The elephant called Pinterest.When it started, Pinterest was a large feminine-hued scrapbook. Now it is a tool for freelancers, solopreneurs, small and large business owners to make their businesses grow. Proper Pinterest use explodes businesses. Pinterest courses make people boatloads of money. Work on your Pinterest strategy. Today.
- If we are talking Pinterest, we can’t leave out notes from the Pinterest strategist extraordinaire Melyssa Griffin. This one of many Pinterest focused articles on her blog describes how to set up Pinterest to grow your business on autopilot.
- Instagram may have started out as the land of selfies but now it’s a tool that can help you meet all of your sales goals. How do you do this? Forget all the lies. Make your Instagram feed look intentional and pretty. Figure out how to edit the photos so that everything is cohesive and intentionally pretty.
Boom. All the information. Out of Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest – where are you getting started? They do have different purposes. Facebook Groups are great for building your community. Facebook Ads are a way to reach community members that don’t know you (and will fall madly in love with you). Pinterest can drive traffic your way. Write valuable blog post. Make Pinterest ready blog graphics. Then pin all of the things. If you do anything super visual – make Instagram a priority.
9 things you must have to build a website that works for you
Subscribe to get the weekly newsletter From Side Hustle to Full-Time where I round up my favorite articles from the week related to side hustles and freelancing AND get a copy of 9 Things you Must Have to Build a Website that Works for Yo